I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post a 2016 wrap-up. Truthfully, I didn’t really plan to do much at the start of the year. I went with my gut a lot this year and just let life take me where it wanted. My decisions weren’t so planned out this year, and I am fine with that.
I didn’t think I would do much in 2016, and I didn’t, but the year surprised me nonetheless.
With that, I’ll keep things short and sweet.
Among other things this year I:
- Rang in the New Year with my family in the Philippines — bringing together our entire extended family from Malaysia, Singapore, USA, and other parts of the Philippines for the first time in DECADES!
- Started writing for a living!
- Rekindled my love for photography
- Went to Seoul and met Tara
- Reunited with friends and my aunt who I hadn’t seen in 11 years! (Also in Seoul!)
- Visited my best friend in Seattle
- Took part in my first broadcast!
- Pitched my first campaign EVER
- Became a contributor for April Magazine
- Said goodbye to my first “grown-up” job
- Landed a job in social media & marketing
It doesn’t seem like I really did much this year, but I had little victories here and there. I’m most proud of finally deciding to focus on being a creative. It was a difficult choice and one that I’d been juggling for years, but this is what I want to do. I’m scared but excited and totally ready to keep making things in 2017.